- Fri, 8 January 2021
Since the outbreak of Covid 19 there has been a huge surge in demand for disposable masks. Times are uncertain and whilst mask manufacturers saw a spike in demand for their products, they could not be certain of the longevity of demand. Their customer, a Germany Mask manufacturer, needed a machine priced for a fast payment with a short delivery time.
To meet this need JW has developed a feeding system for their cartoner to allow fully automatic packaging of face masks from two lines. They simplified certain design elements to meet the tight budget required to get a suitable payback.
In order to allow fast transition from hand packaging to automated packaging the cartoner erects Crash Lock cartons.
Key Features of the Line
- 2 Manufacturing lines feeding to a single cartoner
- 25 or 50 masks per carton
- Up to 100 masks per minute combined output from 2 manufacturing machines.
- Print of batch code and expiry date on carton face
- Crash lock cartons with tuck-in top closure
- 2 Hour carton magazine autonomy
- 100 mm x 200 mm x 55 mm carton size.
Stations of the Cartoner
- Take over from each of 2 mask manufacturing machine
- Stacking station to stack 25 or 50 masks
- Shuttle to transfer mask stacks to intermediate station
- Intermediate station before transfer to carton
- Carton magazine for crash lock cartons
- Printing of Expiry Date and LOT Code
- Carton filling station, placing stacks of masks into carton
- Upper flap closing
- Carton discharge
Last Modified:08/01/2021 10:26:15