Now with over 15 installations in the UK. The Aerofid Aerosol Leak Detecor is verified by Bourgoynes to be compliant to the ADR 2007 directive and the BAMA standard!
This machine is able to detect all hydrocarbons propellants without change parts. It has become the natural choice for the contract packer who requires flexibility.
Summary of Compliance from the Bourgoynes Verification Report:
5.1 The machine as supplied by Raupack designated Aerocan 100 (the machine) is capable of fulfilling the requirements of ADR 2007 of a leak tester for filled aerosols as part of the approved alternative to the Water Bath method.
5.2 The machine has controls in place to minimise risk of explosion.
5.3 The machine can be considered to avoid flammable atmospheres in normal operation by design thereby requires no additional zoning from its environs, and has an internal zone classified as non-hazardous.
5.4 The machine can be considered as complying with the BAMA standard
- Aerosol cans in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical industry
- Water Bath Alternative
- After Water bath
- Fully Housed Machine
- Integrated Reject
- Not at risk of poisoning or contamination
- Approved by VCA as part of water bath alternative
- Detect leaks anywhere on can
- In Aerosol industry for over 25 years
- Easy fast Calibration
- Detects propellant gases like R134A, propane/butane, LPG, DME or other hydrocarbons.
- May detect leaks in cans for carbon dioxide and other gases when hydrocarbons are present in product.
- Detects micro leaks lower than 2.0 x 10-3 mbl/s detectable to meet ADR 2007
- Adjustable micro leak reject threshold
- Carousel or run through machine
- Detector uses single head analyser
- Ventilated Machine to ensure Atex Compliance